2016 Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch Contest
So you want to be in business for yourself?
Let’s hear your “Elevator Pitch!”
Enter the 2016 MetroBiz Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch Contest
Click here to view the flyer
Attend 5 or more of the Entrepreneurship Workshops this year offered through MetroBiz, and you are automatically entered – No Business Plan or Entry Fee Required!!
Win subscriptions, gift certificates, cash money and more for your business!
Contest held at the Metropolitan Baptist Church, November 12, 2016.
More details and information to come!
What is an Elevator Pitch?
- A business-oriented, purposeful verbal message as fast as a ride in an elevator (generally 30 – 120 seconds) in understandable language
- A concise, carefully planned, and well-practiced “answer” about yourself, your business, your firm, your project, etc.
- A situation with an opportunity to sell your company’s identity and set yourself apart from other entrepreneurs
The Basics of an Elevator Pitch
– Including things like where your product/service will be sold, size of market, competitive differentiator, revenues, team, funding requirements, who will buy it and why will they buy it, when will it be ready to be sold/offered, what is the current status of company/product
– The Hook – what are the strengths of your investment opportunity? § Know your audience – what you would use to hook a customer is different than an investor
– What are you looking for and/or what are your next steps?
MetroBiz is the Entrepreneur division of MetroWorks, the Metropolitan Baptist Church Employment Ministry